The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) were introduced on 25th May 2018. These regulations determine how organisations should work to ensure the privacy of any individuals and their data that is collected and stored as part of their business operation.
Complete GDPR compliance can only be achieved through a collaborative and transparent approach between ourselves and, our students and their parents. To help us with our work, and to promote compliance we have appointed a Data Protection Officer. We are also working, as part of the Bradgate Education Partnership Trust towards:
- Identification of a Data Controller;
- Data mapping and Data Asset Register;
- Embedding data privacy into all our processes;
- Information security risk;
- Third party risk and our data partners;
- Reviewing our procedure in handling Data Subject Access Requests (SARs);
- Reviewing Data Privacy Breach procedures;
- Ongoing monitoring of systems and procedures.
Our GDPR Commitment is as follows:
- To keep you informed as to how your data is being used;
- To keep your data secure and confidential;
- Not to pass on your data to any third party without your consent;
- Only to use your data for the intended and legitimate purpose.
Below you will find links to our updated Privacy Notice which gives further information about the information that we collect, how we use it, and how we will seek to ensure that we remain compliant with the regulations.