The Pupil Premium was introduced in April 2011, and paid by means of a specific grant for pupils registered as eligible for Free School Meals in reception to Year 11, or those who are looked after by the Local Authority. A premium has also been introduced for children whose parents are currently serving in the armed forces. The Pupil Premium will be used by this school to address any underlying inequalities between children eligible for Pupil Premium and pupils that are not. Wreake Valley Academy will ensure this by making sure the funding reaches the pupils that need it most.
The Pupil Premium will be used to provide additional educational support to improve the progress and to raise the standard of achievement for these pupils. The funding will be used to narrow and close the gap between the achievement of these pupils and their peers. As far as its powers allow the school will use the additional funding to address any underlying inequalities between children eligible for Pupil Premium and others. We will ensure that the additional funding reaches the pupils who need it most and that it makes a significant impact on their education and lives.
How we decide to use the Pupil Premium
- We use the Pupil Premium for its intended purpose, which is to address the attainment and progress of pupils eligible for Pupil Premium that attend this school.
- We use the latest research to select proven strategies that work to narrow the gaps. Our staff receive training on the best practice to support Pupil Premium.
- We fully evaluate all our strategies to ensure that they have the desired impact.
- We adapt or change strategies that do not have the desired impact.
- We ensure that the Pupil Premium is available to all ability groups.
- We carry out frequent data collections and use our analysis to target the pupils that need support the most
Our Pupil Premium policy can be found here: PUPIL PREMIUM POLICY