We are very proud of the pastoral care we provide for our students and we receive very positive feedback from the students. Our students feel safe at school and know where they can go to receive support or if they are unhappy or worried. Our teachers also know that students who are underachieving will receive support and intervention.
The form tutor is the first point of contact a student has every morning, and the form tutors are managed by our Student Managers.
Year 7, 8 & 9 Mr Geoff Parkinson 0116 264 1080
Year 10 & 11 Mr Chris Lockhart 0116 264 1080
Year 12 & 13 Ms Belinda Nuttall 0116 264 1080
Support staff work with the Student Managers, Form Tutors and students.
Years 7 – 11 Helen Myles
Years 12 & 13 Karen Stirk
We offer a range of strategies to support students including;
- Weekly monitoring cards
- Opportunities to manage personal/friendship disputes, including the use of mediation
- Focus cards for the day
- Individually tailored target setting and monitoring
- Individual lesson monitoring
- Pastoral Support Plan (PSP), Individual Education Plan (IEP), target setting and reviews
- Subject specific monitoring report card
- In-house group work such as self esteem, anger management etc
- Student support services referrals for individual focused work or group work
- Referral to school nurse and school medical officer
- Careers advice
- One to one subject support
- Alternative curriculum support
- Opportunity to talk