Our Careers and Aspirations Leaders is Geoff Parkinson contact number 0116 264 1080 or email Geoff.firstname.lastname@example.org
Promoting a career development culture is an essential part of the mission and ethos of our Academy. We aim to support the aspirations of all our students and to ensure that they gain the understanding, skills and experience they need to make progress and succeed in learning and work. We believe that effective careers education, information and guidance not only contributes to the well-being of individuals but also to the well-being of their families, the communities to which they belong, wider society, businesses and the economy.
At Wreake valley we are embedding the 8 Gatsby bench marks for good careers education. At the moment we offer the following opportunities:
- Work experience for Year 10
- All Year 11 students receive 1:1 careers meetings with our careers co-ordinator
- Careers networking event to be held in the Autumn Term
- Apprenticeship assembly and workshop Autumn Term
- All students given an account with Kudos (leading career development service) to help explore, develop and maximise their potential.
- All students are given opportunities to explore their potential careers thorough are personal development lessons.
- STEM events held in school and trips organised to local university.
- Year 11 students receive a Positive Steps account that enables them to apply on-line and make informed decisions regarding their Post 16 Education.
Careers Information will next be reviewed in September 2020.